“Very informative – easy to get answers to worrying concerns. Our trainer was very professional, and understanding of what we needed to know.”
There are a growing number of people in the UK who suffer with life threatening allergies (anaphylaxis) to a wide variety of substances including foods and latex. This is particularly relevant to the food industry and to those working with children, either in their own homes as childminders, or in pre-schools, nurseries and schools.
This 1.5 hour course is suitable for those who are trained to basic first aid level or higher, who work in an environment where an anaphylactic reaction or anaphylactic shock may occur. It is intended to help the student gain a greater awareness of the causes and recognition of an anaphylactic reaction as well as the treatment and management of such a situation. It includes the use of Epi-Pen®, Emerade® and Jext® auto injector devices.
The course uses the Anaphylaxis Campaign’s Allergywise material as endorsed by The Anaphylaxis Campaign and the RCN.
Anaphylaxis & Adrenaline Auto-Injector (Epi-Pen®) Course Content
The course covers the following elements:
- Description of Body’s response to an allergen
- Causes & prevalence
- Signs & symptoms- recognition of the condition
- Explanation of the use of Epi-pen®, Emerade® and Jext® Adrenaline Auto-injector devices, including who can use them, under what circumstances, how are they administered and the legal implications of doing so
- Practice using Epi-pen®, Emerade® and Jext® Adrenaline Auto-injector training devices
- Complications- possible need for CPR as casualties may stop breathing
- Questions and answers
Anaphylaxis & Epi-pen Training Course
Book this Anaphylaxis training course on your premises. Contact us for a quote.
If candidates do not already hold a first aid or CPR certificate, we recommend our Anaphylaxis with CPR training course instead of this one. That course adds training in how to react as a first aider in the event of anaphylactic shock, and includes CPR, recovery position and choking training.
“Gave us the knowledge to look after a nut allergy sufferer with confidence.”