“Very informative – easy to get answers to worrying concerns. Our trainer was very professional, and understanding of what we needed to know.”
There are a growing number of people in the UK who suffer with life threatening allergies (anaphylaxis) to a wide variety of substances including foods and latex. This is particularly relevant to the food industry and to those working with children, either in their own homes as childminders, or in pre-schools, nurseries and schools.
This 3 hour practical anaphylaxis with CPR training course is suitable for anyone who works in an environment where an anaphylactic reaction or anaphylactic shock may occur. It is intended to help the student gain a greater awareness of the causes and recognition of an anaphylactic reaction as well as the treatment and management of such a situation. It includes the use of Epi-Pen®, Emerade® and Jext® auto injector devices.
The course uses the Anaphylaxis Campaign’s Allergywise material as endorsed by The Anaphylaxis Campaign and the RCN.
Anaphylaxis with CPR Course Content
The course covers the following elements:
Aims of First Aid
- Aims of First Aid
- Dealing with Emergencies
- The Responsibility of a first aider
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Practical session
- caring for adults
- caring for children
AED Theory and Practise Session
- Theory and practise of the use of an AED (Automated External Defibrillation) device
Recovery Position Practical Session
- Care of an Unconscious Casualty
- Recovery Position demonstration and practice
- Description of Body’s response to an allergen
- Causes & prevalence
- Signs & symptoms- recognition of the condition
- Explanation of the use of Epi-pen®, Emerade® and Jext® Adrenaline Auto-injector devices, including who can use them, under what circumstances, how are they administered and the legal implications of doing so
- Practice using Epi-pen®, Emerade® and Jext® Adrenaline Auto-injector training devices
- Complications- possible need for CPR as casualties may stop breathing
- Questions and answers
Additional First Aid content
- Choking – Treatment of a Choking casualty
Anaphylaxis with CPR training course
Book this Anaphylaxis & CPR training course on your premises. Contact us for a quote.
“Gave us the knowledge to look after a nut allergy sufferer with confidence.”